Saturday 5 September 2015

Tribute to my creators on earth

Hello my dear fellow bloggers,
Today is weekend, even though I had one class in the morning…but still it was just one class. It’s Saturday. But is that it? In India today is the day, every children is busy making their own efforts to pay tribute to the people who held their hand in the world outside their home… their Teachers. I believe teachers mold us into a human being. Our parents brought us to this world, but our teachers are the one who make us strong enough to survive in this world. I hear everyone around me say this at least once in their lifetime – ‘my mother is my first teacher’. For me this sentence is true both literally and metaphorically. My mother is a teacher in high school. In fact, she was my class teacher when I was in 9th and 10th standard. Before that she used to take our mathematics classes too. Metaphorically, my mother has been my teacher ever since she has brought me to this earth. She blessed me with all little virtues of life. She taught me there is a life other than studies too. Howsoever tired she was after her day’s work, she never sighed once when she took me and my sister for our vocational classes. She holds our dreams in her mind as her own. On my first day to school she told me ‘Even if I am there inside the school building, if you have any problem in your class, first go to your class teacher. Inside this school gate, I am your teacher and we don’t have any personal ties. Your teachers are your guardians when you are in school.’ I followed her words till the end of my school days. Every other teacher’s wards used to take undue advantage from the school. But I never walked through that path as I followed my mother’s instructions very carefully. At the end of my school years, I was more close to my school teachers than my own mother, and my mother was really happy about this.
I had many teachers during my school days who made a mark in building my character. I am what I am today all because of them. During my primary school days our class teacher, Usha Singh Madam, was my ideal. I love her till now, and the respect I have for her is what I have for my mother. Usha mam never scolded us, or spoke to us in raised voice. And yet, under her supervision our class was the most disciplined class of all. Each and every student in our class loved her. She had this enigma in her that if you attend her one class, you will definitely come back for the next. I remember how she left us all crying our heart out when she got transferred to a different school. We prayed for one whole year for her comeback. I remember I even tried wishing for a ‘mannat’ when I visited a temple known to make wishes come true and asked for Usha mam’s return. She taught me that we don’t need to raise our voice, but to raise the standard of our opinion to win an argument. She taught me that if we deal with patience, we can make impossible become possible. She taught me to persevere through tough days and to never give up.
Later in my high school days, I had many teachers who shaped my mindset and outlook. My class teacher, Madhulika mam, is whom I call my second mother. She understood my love for the subject, Hindi and helped me gain knowledge about the subject. She used to share her poetic interests in Hindi, and her collections of poems always made me curious to dig in more. My English teacher, Nandita madam, strengthened my hold on the subject, not just on the papers, but she took that extra effort to make me confident to speak. My teachers always used to motivate me. There were days when I gave up but there were never a moment when my teachers gave up on me.
The list of my teachers who built me from ruins goes on and on… the names I didn’t take aren’t missing because I forgot about them. But taking names of all of them would end my making my blog a novel instead. Dear teachers, thank you for building me from ruins and making me who I am today. I owe my life’s every bit of success to you. Thank you letting me free to do some mistakes and learn from them in the end. Thank you for teaching me how to choose between right and wrong. Thank you for blessing me with your guidance and love…

There is another thing special about today. It’s birthday of the person who guided Arjun in Mahabharata by becoming his charioteer – Lord Sri Krishna. Happy Janmashtami, friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment