Tuesday 27 October 2015

Visit to Heaven on Earth

Hello my fellow bloggers, how is your life going on? Don’t ask about mine. Don’t worry I will tell you about mine even if you don’t ask. That’s why I am here. Right now I should be studying. I have an exam tomorrow. But what am I doing exactly is quite different from what I should be doing. Well that’s what my life is all about. I never do what I should be doing; rather I choose to do something I wish to do. I know that’s pretty immature behavior of mine, but I am surviving well enough, so I guess whatever it is that my wishes are made up of, they are worth my attention.
Have ever gone to a place where you looked at the beauty of the nature and you became awestruck? Have you ever seen nature unraveling its secrets in a way that left you spellbound and speechless? If you ask me these questions, I will reply loud and clear Yes!
Last week I boarded on a bus with my friends to get away from this mundane stressed out life. In the morning when I woke up I felt happiness run through my whole body. We were at the mountains!!! Finally the cool breeze, beautiful clouds, curvy roads going up and up…. exhilarating view outside the window. I can’t sum up my feelings into one sentence. I love mountains as much as a kid loves ice cream. And my love for mountains had expanded with time as I spent more of my days near the sea or the plains.
We reached Kodaikanal in the morning. It’s a beautiful heaven in Tamil Nadu, 8hrs journey from Pondicherry. The first place we visited was Silent Valley. As I got down from bus and walked up to the cliff from where we could oversee the valley, I felt happy. I felt thrilled. I felt I was alive after a long period of hibernation. I could feel tears on my cheeks. These were signs of my overwhelming emotions that my heart couldn’t retain inside. And it was just the beginning. Each and every place we visited thereafter was no less than heaven. Clouds floating everywhere, fogs playing hide and seek with us. Beautiful birds chirping and singing all through the pine forest.
We trekked through the waterfalls and forests. I was walking on my fours, crawling all the way through. I figured out, the only way one can safely trek up and down the forest was by walking like our ancestors, apes.  
Walking through new roads in a new town discovering places and roads with few of your close friends at the hour when your parents believe you are indoors fast asleep, was really an experience worth having. I hope the thrill of this tour keeps my soul alive and sparked up.
We are running after money and all the materialistic things that money can buy. But once in a while, get out of your comfortable room and walk out in the wild, with stars and moon shining above your head. You will know what life is all about. When you climb up and down a cliff, you will have count of your breath. You will be aware of every single moment of your existence on earth. That’s what life should be like.
Dear Mountains

Until I meet you, I will keep dreaming about you.

1 comment: