Monday 17 November 2014

Trust me it gets worse

Date: 17.11.14
Time: 8:00 PM

Where I disappeared for one day is simple to explain. First yesterday was Sunday (yes, we all know how important Sundays are for everyone). And second reason is more obvious- I had an exam today for which I was least prepped. Umm, not least prepped, it’s more like deliberately giving up and act of study. You know that feeling when you have a whole bunch of things to study which you never even glanced upon once? And then you feel even if you glance on it one day before the exam what’s the use, how much will the brain retain? Yes, that’s exactly how I felt yesterday. I call this state of my mind as “state of withdrawal”.

You know back in my home city I used to be this freaked out student who got tensed like anything with slightest breeze of exams. And here, I guess I am the least freaked out person. It might seem like I am taking things lightly or rather giving less importance to this thing called “semesters”.

But trust me if you can, that’s not the fact. I am not taking anything lightly. I have chosen the fact that I can’t study everything and remember everything in the exam, so I do selective study. And I try to keep myself focused in whatever topic I study. I might study less but I ensure I study efficiently. Then again I know people out there might not see my efficiency or accuracy but my mark sheet. We always have a choice right? So I choose accuracy over quantity of marks. I am reaching that phase of my life where I am bothered only by the words of people whom I care about; rest of the world can talk to my hand.

Last night I was bit stressed. Something inside me told that today’s exam won’t leave me with a good memory. I was talking over phone to one of my bestest friend, Rikoo and I told him I don’t know what I will do in exam today. He said you seem like asking the question as Dora asks in her show. And he mimicked the way Dora give us options for a question. And he quiet effortlessly cooled down my freaking nerves. I laughed and told myself “Let it be. Whatever happens let it happen”.
               Sometimes you have that one friend who knows how to calm you down and who tells you, you are capable of achieving whatever you want to. With a friend like that life gets a little bit bearable. For me, Rikoo is one of that friend of mine.

So how was today’s exam? You know I had that fleeting “give up moments” right amidst the time of exam. I made a sincere and continuous effort to not give up and finish the paper somehow. A voice in my head was pushing me hard asking me to leave and not to write the answers half efficiently. What I felt was sheer “frustration”. Yes that’s exactly how I describe it.

In the morning my mother called me up to wish me all the best. And she said “even if you don’t know the answer of the questions you make sure you at least write something in each question. Just don’t leave any question.”
So, mom, I wrote the paper for you. Yes I wrote every answer but if someone gives me to check my own answer I wrote today, I will tear it and throw it away.
Let the bygone be gone. There is no point in lamenting in what you could have done. That would do more harm to your present moment and won’t even change a thing about your past.
So remember what I said in my last post? “This too shall pass”, so why worry and have wrinkles when you can smile and have dimples?!

P.S: 2 down, 3 more to go.

Oh! actually its four more to go. It seems we have a soft course tomorrow. Subject: Introduction Basic Ecology. So wish me luck and rest of you have a good night. I meet you again tomorrow.
and yeah, exact 4 months later its my birthday :D

No comments:

Post a Comment