Thursday 13 November 2014

What Does Happiness Mean To You ?

The moment I held my little nephew in my arms, he was one day old then, I felt something pure and true. A feeling as pure as that, is very rare at times, especially when we associate all our feelings to some events or objects which we can’t even control. Only one word describes what I felt at that moment. I felt happy.

            Being happy is in our hands, or that is at least what I hear people say. I often hear people advice each other “Don’t tie your happiness to any person, because when they leave you, you feel like your reason to be happy, has left you too”. I wonder if the people who are saying this really felt the true essence of this little word of advice.

Happiness being a conquest can hardly be fought alone. You need a hand to give you strength, to tell you are not alone. Once conquered, you tend to expand the boundaries of your “happiness” territory, and thus you share the happiness. And that’s the way you spread happiness.

            Walking my way from my hostel to my department, I see butterflies in the bushes-green, pink, yellow and multi-colored designed butterflies. And in an instant, I know, I am in the “happiness” territory of those butterflies. They shared their happiness with me, and thus extended their territory, one smile at a time.

In the bright day light with the scorching sun hitting on our heads, I and my friends walk back to the hostel for lunch. Even when all of us are too tired to walk, there will be at least one person who will say something, and then we all will be laughing aloud while walking, like a bunch of drunkards. Me and my friends merge and enlarge our territories at moments like this.

Music, teddy bears and chocolates are my any-time-happy-time stimuli. One hug from my teddy, and one bite of chocolate- and I am at the top of the world. 

And music connects me to places I want to be at, with the person I want to be with. Music makes me feel happy.  And loved too.
            
My university is near to a beach.


And that is one of the few reasons as to why I chose this university. Sea has always been the most effective stimuli of my happiness. Standing at the sea shore, letting the waves kiss my feet, I close my eyes. And the waves come and go in a rhythm. I feel I am right amidst the ocean. Yes! That’s serenity. That’s happiness. That’s freedom.


Mask of Love : Roll back to childhood
            I smile and I embrace every moment of happiness. For every moment I live is a memory I create. And when I reread pages of my diary, I want to be happy again. I wish the feeling the never leaves me. I wish my conquest of happiness never stops. 

I wish I don’t ever have to wish to be happy and my happiness territory expands to everyone who reads this.

4 comments:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your appreciation. I am just a naive blogger just started on my journey. Keep reading :)

      Delete
  2. I remember you used to write diary. Self- expression is a great avenue to vent out anger, frustrations and embrace happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just started with this blog thing so hopefully i will continue it as long as people out there read it :)

    ReplyDelete